Responsible for building relationships and knowledge of local support agencies and other voluntary organisations for the support and benefit of individuals who have undertaken transport assessments which have resulted in a significant change to their license to drive situation.
• To provide social support to our clients – a phone call, a cup of tea or coffee and a chat.
• To sensitively encourage our clients post assessment, to access confidently the alternative community transport options available.
• To make suggestions for new community transport options.
• To work as part of a team in order to provide post assessment support to the client and their families/whanau.
• To report concerns about the well-being of service users to the referring Occupational Therapist.
• Able to demonstrate empathy
• A good communicator
• A positive and enthusiastic person with great interpersonal skills
• Is able to work under own initiative
• Class 1 driver license
• Experience working within a customer service industry
• Experience working with people with cognitive/memory problems
Approximately 10 hours per month.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Information & Advice